I’m Amy Klous and I’ve been there… a desire to show up in a bigger way but lacking confidence, wanting more meaning and purpose in life and stuck in indecision. In my time working in corporate America, the majority of that time was spent at companies working my way up from entry level marketing positions to marketing management roles and eventually starting my own business. There was something missing. I spent several years searching for something more in life and in my work. My coach helped me search deeper inside myself in ways I didn’t know how to do on my own, deepening my self awareness and becoming self-generating. This led me to New Ventures West and taking on the rigorous coaching training program to become a Certified Integral Coach.
My experiences fed my desire to help other managers and growing leaders who feel held back by their limiting beliefs to guide them in the journey of personal and professional growth and living a life of purpose.
I work with you where you are at in your life and bring in practices to help you embody a new way of being to make the changes you’re looking for. Coaching influences come from all of life. I’m especially inspired by nature and bring it into my coaching where I see fit. Nature has so much to teach us about ourselves, spirituality, and connectedness. Yoga is another element I add to my coaching somatic practices.
My own daily practices include meditation, reflection, yoga and a variety of fun body movement exercises. This consistent practice started when I began my coaching training and has become an integral part of my life. When I offer my clients practices to aid in their development, I’m with them along the way.
I live with my husband, Jason, and Shadow, our rescue Springer Spaniel, in the woods of Wisconsin part of the year, and the desert of Arizona the other part of the year. We spend as much time as we can outside in nature going hiking, walking and kayaking.
My formal credentials:
- Certified Integral Coach, New Ventures West
- Associate Certified Coach (ACC), International Coach Federation (ICF)
- 200 CYT Certified Yoga Teacher, Yoga North International SomaYoga Institute
- MBA, Business Administration, University of Wisconsin, River Falls
- BA, Entrepreneurship, University of St. Thomas
- Integral Team Coaching, New Ventures West
- Ambassador of Possibilities course, Dr. Fernando Flores and Pluralistic Networks
- Self Compassion workshop with Dr. Kristin Neff
- Mindful Leadership certification, University of Minnesota and Center for Spirituality and Healing
- Mindful Leader workshop by Arizona State University Center for Mindfulness
- Purposeful Leadership Conference 2019, University of Minnesota and Center for Spirituality and Healing
- Member of ICF International Coaching Federation
- Masterful Conversations workshop 2019
- Coaching to Excellence, New Ventures West 2017
- ICF Midwest Conference 2018
- Mindful Leadership Summit 2018, University of Minnesota Center for Spirituality and Healing
- Leadership Embodiment workshop 2018
I partner with leaders and teams in Architecture, Engineering & Construction (AEC) wanting improved working relationships, reduced overwhelm, and more confident, effective leaders.
- Hensel Phelps
- AM Technical Solutions
- Oregon Health & Science University
- BX Civil & Construction
- Dells Materials Co